Paranormal Discovery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal Discovery

This is the place to chat about all things paranormal with Dundee based investigation team, Paranormal Discovery. Share experiences, ask or answer questions, share theories and get the latest investigation reports from the team.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Our next investigation will take place overnight from 18th - 19th September.

A warm welcome

Go down 
+6
tori
bozzie
theburningred
Owl
Nat
Treen
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Treen
Admin
Treen

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:43 am

Hi there and welcome to Paranormal Discovery's new look forum. I'm Katrina, the organiser of this group. Feel free to have a look around and to share your thoughts with us.

If there are any problems with the board then please let me know so that I can sort them out.

Last edited by Treen on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://paranormaldiscovery.co.uk
Treen
Admin
Treen

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Hello!

Thank you for joining! I see a few familiar faces already and a new one or two. If you have anything you want to add then feel free or just have a look round. I'll catch up with you all later.
Back to top Go down
Nat

Nat

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:48 am

Hello! I'm Nat, assistant organiser of Paranormal Discovery and Katrina's sister. I'm looking forward to some new and interesting discussions on this forum, so let's get posting everybody! Smile
Back to top Go down
Owl

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:09 am

Hello, I am not really an Owl but a 30 something woman who has such irregular sleep patterns, I may as well be an owl half the time!
I've had a couple of possible paranormal experiences although I would call myself an open minded sceptic.
Back to top Go down
Treen
Admin
Treen

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:25 am

Hello Owl and welcome to our forum.

You sound a lot like me !
Back to top Go down
Nat

Nat

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Owl and thanks for joining our forum! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Owl

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 11:57 am

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be hear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theburningred

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi there, my names Scott and I am 21. I am someone who likes to research the paranormal in real depth in my spare time. I like to look at things logically rather than just assume everything is a ghost as some people do, but I do believe that there are a lot more legit cases of paranormal activity than some people would have you believe.
Anyway, I digress, I came here because I wanted to find some other paranormal enthusiasts closer to home (I am from Fife, should have mentioned that). I have been a member of a large paranormal forum at ghostplace.com for a number of years, bouncing ideas back and forth with various members, but as I say, most of them are American, so I thought I would look for people closer to here.

Sorry my intro was so long.
Back to top Go down
Treen
Admin
Treen

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi Scott and welcome.

It'll be nice to hear your opinions and theories. I started out being quite sceptical but too may thing have happened to me since starting up the team for me no to have changed my opinion. I believe, too, that a lot of alleged paranormal phenomena is explainable but that a lot just can't be explained.

Hope you enjoy your time on here. This is our new forum so it might take a wee while to get going . . bear with us!

Treen
Back to top Go down
theburningred

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi Treen,

I was sceptical as well, until I moved into a flat in Stirling during my second year at uni (I will post the details of what went on there in the experiences forum later) it was a very old flat, which was incredibly active. A lot of people would put the activity down as just noises that old buildings maker, but too much happened there.

I hope it goes well on this forum, it would be nice to discuss potential hauntings nearer to home.
Back to top Go down
bozzie

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 pm

hi im bozzie im the camera man for paranormal discovery just like to say hello and welcome to the forum . If you have any experiance with things going bump in the nite dont be afraid to share as there is more out there than you think trust me.
Back to top Go down
Nat

Nat

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:44 pm

Quite right Bozzie!
And hello Scott - thanks for joining our forum Laughing
Back to top Go down
tori

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:37 pm

hi everybody!!

sorry it's taken me soooooooo long to get on the forum......work work work.....

im Tori, paranormal discoverys team psychic......asides what i do with the team i am also a chef in a residential care home, and lead vocalist for a band called skinny jim.

belief wise i am a pagan, and i practice witchcaft. i have had strange weird and wonderful experiences practicaly all my life. i have worked with paranormal discovery now for a couple of years and it has been an amazing journey.

Very Happy flower Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bozzie

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:13 am

hi tori about time least i wasnt the last one to come on for once Laughing but u have been busy
Back to top Go down
tori

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:04 am

first night home in how long.....full of the cold and knackered......trying to catch up wi everything......aaaaaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!
Back to top Go down
David

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi all,

My name is David, and I've been offered the probationary period for a couple of months along with my wife Kyle.

My Background is pure science - from having a little lab in the basement when I was about ten, right through my adv highers and working in ninewells, to my physics degree and research.

I try to approach things very methodically, specifically using the scientific method. I like to treat everything concerning any form of investigation as an actual experiment, therefore it is important to have control factors, close observations, fair repititions etc.

Despite being a sincere skeptic (I have little/no belief in anything paranormal), I certainly can say I appear to have had several instances in the past which some would call paranormal - most of these experiences with Kyle (who oddly IS astrong believer!).

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and have a good excuse to visit scotland's most hisotirc locations when theyre practically empty - I love history and obviously love scotland, so this is a fantastic opportunity for me, and I can't wait to get started!
Back to top Go down
Treen
Admin
Treen

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:20 pm

A warm welcome to you both !

It'll be good to have another scientist on board to even things out a bit.
The only thing with the paranormal is that it is so unpredictable which makes experiments all that bit more difficult. You set up a camera in one place and things happen behind it, nothing happens all night until the moment we are packing up - that kind of thing.

However, we are lucky enough to get back to the same places at times which is good as we then know exactly what areas have given results before and we can then work from there.

If there's anything you'd like to try at the forthcoming investigation just let us know !
Back to top Go down
David

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks Treen!
As discussed I'd be extremely keen to do regular investigations without turning the lights off, then conducting some portions of a building with lights on, others lights off, i'd be interested in looking at other regions of the spectrum other than visible and near-infra red if possible (might be able to get my hands on some equipment at work!).
I'm intrigued by what you were saying about the protection circles and things, I'd be keen to try some without any of that, and others with, then put some people in the protection circle and not others.
Where sound is concerned i'd be keen to try emitting ultrasonic frequencies and sub 20Hz low frequencies, that way we've encompassed a broader spectrum. Also attempt to detect for those frequencies.
Sory - bristling wiht ideas!
First investigation I'll probably just watch everything though haha
Back to top Go down
bozzie

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:16 pm

welcome david and kyle to the paranormal discovery hope your probationary period goes well and that you enjoy your experiance within the group. By the end you will be a believer as treen and nat are now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nat

Nat

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:17 pm

Hello and welcome to the team David!
It's great to have someone on board who is so enthusiastic and who has so many new ideas - I'm sure we'll be able to try out some of them at the castle investigation.
Look forward to meeting you!
Back to top Go down
saz

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:37 am

hi this is me Sarah, looking forward to my first vigil with the team next week, im going thermos shopping tomorrow which officially makes me a geek xx
Back to top Go down
Treen
Admin
Treen

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:16 am

Yay! Hi Sarah,

We knew you had geekiness in you that's why we picked you A warm welcome Icon_razz (only kidding)!

Anyway, welcome to the forum and more importantly welcome to the team. I think we're going to be in for a an interesting night next week.
Back to top Go down
Nat

Nat

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:56 am

Hi and welcome Sarah!
Look forward to seeing you at the castle Smile
Back to top Go down
bozzie

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 pm

welcome sarah to the team hope you enjoy going round the castle with us on friday
Back to top Go down
stoner_chipmunk

stoner_chipmunk

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Hey my name is Nic

uhm, nothing spectacularly special - been researching paranormal from ridiculously young age and I warm myself particularly to parapsychology and (as if to annoy people from the other end of the spectrum) psychic/mediumship.

-waves nervously to everyone-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A warm welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A warm welcome
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Paranormal Discovery :: Welcome :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: