Paranormal Discovery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal Discovery

This is the place to chat about all things paranormal with Dundee based investigation team, Paranormal Discovery. Share experiences, ask or answer questions, share theories and get the latest investigation reports from the team.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Our next investigation will take place overnight from 18th - 19th September.

Ghost Sickness and Dangers of the paranormal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Treen
Admin
Treen

Ghost Sickness and Dangers of the paranormal Empty
PostSubject: Ghost Sickness and Dangers of the paranormal   Ghost Sickness and Dangers of the paranormal I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Is ghost hunting dangerous Question

Well, let's be honest there are real dangers and accidents waiting to happen sometimes. That is why we always check out locations when we can before investigating and go round with the lights on for a bit : low ceilings, uneven floors, protruding branches can all cause injury. More of a worry is the chance of being knocked over by someone else in the room who has just had a fright and is trying to make a quick exit. That's why we try to keep as calm as possible if we see/hear something.

Ghost Sickness is not a new idea, it has its origins
in Native American culture although nowadays it has been adopted by
paranormal investigators/ghost hunters to explain the unpleasant side
effects of investigation and frequent contact with the deceased and
spending time in haunted locations.

Originally it was used to
describe symtoms attributed to ghosts or witches, eg reduced appetite,
weakness, fatigue, nightmares, anxiety, dizziness, fainting, feelings
of terror and perhaps an unhealthy obsession with the deceased person
believed to be causing the problems. Most of these symtoms are
wideranging and common to other diseases and disorders, especially
clinical depression.

So what do we mean by ghost sickness?
The dangers of ghost hunting can include spirit attachment which we'll go into elsewhere.

Other
symptoms can be mental stress. A feeling of being 'drained' of energy
is common following a rather active investigation. On top of this sleep
patterns can be altered to fit investigations into your spare time
which can take its toll on your heath.

Of course there's
the psychological aftermath of being in a loctaion where strong
emotions linger. If you are sensitive in any way (maybe you don't even
believe that you are) then you may have a profound emotional
experience. This can lead to all sorts of consequences, nightmares if
it was a particularly bad experience, or embarrassment at your outburst
or reaction (perhaps you started crying uncontrollably in front of a
group of strangers or peed your pants with fright affraid ).

Others have attributed bad luck and
negative things happening to them to their involvement in paranormal
investigation, eg redundancy, relationship breakdown, ill health,
accidents , you name it. Various reasons for it all : maybe just the
effects from being rundown due to tiredness and spending too many
nights away from home or could it be due to spirit or spending too much
time in areas of negative energy ?

This site goes into the dangers of the paranormal and is well worth a look.
Dangers of the Paranormal

If you are a sceptic then I suppose you might think that the only dangers to the team would be injury from falls etc and perhaps stress or other psychological problems. There would be no chance of being hurt by a spirit/ghost or whatever they are. There shouldn't be any perceived harm from being disrespectful to the spirits either in that case.

I like to err on the side of caution, however. That's why we have Tori on hand to take us step by step through our protecion ritual at the start of investigations. We try to be as respectful as we can to the 'spirits' even though some people might believe that more results could be obtained by winding the spirits up. Thankfully, nobody in the team has been inured except for Mike during our first investigation at Lathones Inn. He was scratched on his neck and forehead and didn't even notice. Another attempt to hurt or frighten one of us was made at the Forest Hills Hotel when a heavy door shut in Bozzie's face. Those are the only 2 physical attacks I can think of.

Psychic attack - well that's a different story and one which I may go into at a later date. I have witnessed enought to believe in the dangers. Can spirits follow us home ? Yep, I believe so but, you are all welcome to add your own thoughts below.

Attached Image
Back to top Go down
http://paranormaldiscovery.co.uk
stoner_chipmunk

stoner_chipmunk

Ghost Sickness and Dangers of the paranormal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Sickness and Dangers of the paranormal   Ghost Sickness and Dangers of the paranormal I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:30 am

I guess thats a matter of sceptic or not, it will be as dangerous as the mind will allow. Many sceptics I find who will dispute any paranormal will rationally use the human psychology as an explanation and yet deny there being any "real" risk of a paranormal attack.

Where in truth the human mind can cause many levels of psychic-self affects. From scratches and little pressures on the head to even the famous doctor Livingstone self-combusting in his bathroom, taking half his sink with him!

Be it paranormal or scientific the body and mind can generate enough telepathic and telekiknises power to cause affects to the physical body.

As hippy as it sounds, positive energy and maintaining that, and also providing protection rituals can, if nothing else, leave the mind to feel secure enough to prevent an "attack" on the body.
Back to top Go down

Ghost Sickness and Dangers of the paranormal
Page 1 of 1